Availability, Rates, & Policies
To receive a full refund, guests must cancel at least 30 days before check-in. They can also get a full refund within 48 hours of booking if the cancellation occurs at least 14 days before check-in. If they cancel between 7 and 30 days before check-in, you’ll be paid 50% for all nights. If they cancel less than 7 days before check-in, you’ll be paid 100% for all nights.
Rental Agreement Sample:
Please…NO early check-in or late checkout. Late checkouts are subject to $150 deduction of security deposit. Our staff needs the ENTIRE 6 hours to prepare for the next guests.
This is a NON SMOKING PROPERTY and PETS are NOT PERMITTED under any conditions (owner's child has allergies).
Damage HOLD of $350 – The HOLD is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
- No damage is done to this home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. No charges are incurred due to contraband, smoking, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in the provided receptacles, and soiled dishes are placed in the sink and CLEANED.
- All TV, DVD/CD remote controls are left in the respective areas and home is left locked.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens or bedding are lost or damaged.
- The Tenants are not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security people employed that patrols the area. --The Damage Hold and the Rental Agreement must be signed within 24 hours of online booking or cancellation may occur. This will link you to an email form only for the purposes of this booking.--
1. The Landlord shall have reasonable right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the Home.
3. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises and its contents only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants (we ask that you do a basic cleaning as our cleaning people come in and do a thorough cleaning & sanitizing of all surfaces including all cabinets and knobs). Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the large black bear proof trash container mounted at the driveway.
5. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above the damage hold amount.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises. Evidence of pets on the property constitutes forfeiture of entire damage hold.
7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
8. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and maintain a 15 MPH speed limit in and out of the property. Also due care should be taken when backing out of the driveway as it is at an angle.
9. There shall be no smoking of any kind on the property. Evidence of smoking on the property constitutes forfeiture of entire security deposit. The property is surrounded by forest!
10. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes. Small startups of toilet paper., dish detergent, laundry soap and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family will be provided. Other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them. Pack and Play and booster seat with tray are provided as a courtesy and The Woodland Cottage is not liable for their use.
11. The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants and Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
12. Tenant agrees that HEAT shall not be set above 72 degrees. AC AIR not below 70. All windows and doors are to be closed and locked upon check-out.
13. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closets” or storage building even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals, lawn tools and equipment that could be hazardous to children and adults.
14. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
15. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
16. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
17. CANCELLATIONS – Cancellation policy per booking site.
18. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
19. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning the hot tub. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervise all minors while they are in the Hot Tub. Tenant is hereby notified that the Hot Tub can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
20. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and Local laws.
21. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property. Flame Candles also are not allowed but LED candles are provided for the guests to use.
22. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
23. Tenants agree to submit to Tennessee statutes and pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
24. Tenant is advised that the property contains gas fireplaces and gas firepit, and a charcoal grill, and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
25. The property has a fire extinguisher under the kitchen sink. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
26. The property has fire alarms and a carbon monoxide alarm installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm or carbon monoxide detector “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
27. Tenant is advised to keep quiet time hours between 9pm and 9am (especially near the firepit or grill area).
28. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so and always when leaving the property. There is an outdoor security camera on site- (the hot tub is not in view).
29. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed within 15 days, they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
30. Smart Roku TV is provided and guests are encouraged to use their own streaming accounts. There is also antenna local channels on the TV free of charge. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to TV service.
31. Wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service. Guests are advised to use the internet legally and not download any illegal content.
32. Tenant leasing the premise shall be at least 24 years of age and provide a legible photocopy of their current driver’s license, and a primary and secondary cell phone number for contact purposes while at the property.
33. Tenants and Tenants guests will not exceed 10 persons on the premises at any time, without prior written approval from Landlord. Owner MUST be notified and give written approve of any event(s) held on property upon booking. Venue Fees may apply.
34. To finalize and confirm your reservation you agree to these rules and you must: Initial each page, sign the Agreement and return by electronic attachment a picture of your current drivers license to the host (This may end up as a separate email per AirBnB/VRBO policies): firstname.lastname@example.org
We hereby agree to abide by the above conditions.